Well, I believe everyone out there knows exactly how to define or describe a family, at least literally. Some do great as well in putting an emotional definition. What I think is that “family” is really tough to define, and great to live and feel. Here is a list of how I would define family by feelings in my own words:
- Family is what breaks your loneliness… and makes you unable to imagine yourself alone anymore!
- Family is something that you escape to, and not from!
- Family allows you to experience joy from the bottom of your heart.
- Family makes you ask more often – “should I live my own life, or rather give it to those who I love?!”
- Family makes you feel willing to spend very relaxing and unproductive times with those you love (well family again!)
- Family makes you cry while being happy! (have you tried fixing a blanket for your kid in bed at night?)
- Family makes you concerned and alerted, and yet willing to try these feelings again and again!
- Family makes you miss the good and bad times with your loved ones very equally.
- Family lets you experience “sense of purpose” beyond your imagination.
- Family is something that tickles your heart when you’re alone, and that’s how it calls you to come back!
- Family is something you always put forward, makes you biased against all the things in your life, and yet you believe you’re still being unfair to!
- Family sometimes frustrates you, but heels you in seconds afterwards to a degree that you think you haven’t felt that frustration ever!
- Family makes you social by practice (have you tried to be alone after getting used to your family?)
- Family makes you experience “unconditional love” … truly!
- Family unlocks what’s inside you – the good and bad – and makes you comfortable with the results no matter what!
That’s how I would define (or actually feel) what family means. I would like thank God for giving me a great mother, a great father, great sisters and brothers. I also would like to thank God for allowing me to experience a closer circle of family by knowing Afaf and having two lovely kids from her.
If you would like to contribute a definition-by-feeling to what family really means, then please add yours in the comments below.